Total Pageviews

Friday, May 20, 2011

Preconceived Notions/Judgement

Let’s be honest, you’re going to be judged. You’re going to judge people. Either accidentally or on purpose, it’s going to happen. Unfortunately the entire idea of never judging anyone is just very unrealistic.

The important thing to remember is that whatever it is that separates you from anyone else is completely inconsequential. To a point of course. While I will decide for myself who I think is worth spending my time and emotion on by what type of person they are, it is necessary to remember that everyone should have an equal playing field. Sex, race, disability, religion, musical taste, whatever, these things mean nothing to me when I meet you. I am going to judge for myself if you are a good person or not by how you present yourself and the choices you make.

Being a black guy that says that most white guys are racist makes you just as racist as a white guy who thinks all black people are thieves. Being a woman who thinks all guys are pigs makes you no better than a guy who thinks all woman are sluts. The list goes on and on.

The double standard has to stop.

Are there racist white people? Yes. Are there black thieves? Yes. Are there slutty woman? Yes. Are there guys who treat woman like shit? Yes. All of these things exist. What you have to remember is that is not their race/sex ect. that made them this way, it is THEM. You as a person have a choice. I as a man CAN treat a woman like shit BUT it would not be because I am a man, it would be because I am an asshole.

I am ok with the generalization that all assholes suck. That is perfectly fine. But lets get it straight. All guys aren’t assholes, all women aren’t sluts, all gays aren’t feminine, all christians don’t hate gays, all muslims aren’t suicide bombers. Ect.

Judge me, i’m cool with that, it’s going to happen. But judge me on the choices I make, not on my skin, sex, sexual orientation, or religion. Because that person could be the nicest person on the planet and could treat you amazingly. If you go in with preconceived notions of who this person is you are wasting who they really are.

Just sayin

-Skenny





I love to know your thoughts. Please leave them in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment